With British summertime rapidly coming to an end and Autumn looming, we’re taking a look at the past month which has played host to an assortment of great events and openings. From exotic cocktails and mouth-watering global cuisine, to travel themed treasure hunts and unique new pop-ups, the events in the capital made it one of the most exciting places to be this Summer. Here are some of our best bits from August:
1. Hackney Today newspaper featured Number 90’s incredible four-day summer festival themed extravaganza in its round-up of best Bank Holiday events.
2. Nadine Beshir, producer behind the hugely success avant-garde 3D dining experience Le Petit Chef was interviewed by About Time Magazine.
3. The launch of Liverpool restaurant Santa Maluco’s unlimited late night pizza and cocktails offering was featured by the Liverpool Echo.
4. Evening Standard listed imaginative rooftop destination Skylight and its undercover croquet courts as the perfect spot to enjoy lazy-lunches or post-work drinks whatever the British weather.
5. Moncole reviewed the delectable culinary offerings of Burmese restaurant Lahpet noting their extremely flavoursome, ‘crunchy and colourful plates’.
6. The Telegraph’s Bank Holiday weekend guide suggested rambling along the V&A Museum’s hallowed halls for THATMuse’s travel-themed treasure hunt.
7. Mint Gun Club’s exotic and innovative Gimlet of cacao-nib gin with kaffir lime cordial and Wolfschmidt Kummer liqeur earned it a spot to enjoy one of ‘London’s best Gimlets’ by the Evening Standard
8. R&B Distillers’ hotly anticipated official opening of the Isle of Rasaay’s first legal distillery was featured in The Scotsman.
9. The unique opera festival, The New Generation Festival, taking place in Florence was featured in the travel destinations section of Velocity Magazine.
10. Time Out London featured the innovative hair clubbing concept BLADE in a video posted on social media.
11. Alcotraz, ‘London’s first prison cocktail bar’ which is due to open at the end of September in Brick Lane, grabbed the attention of Time Out and was featured on the blog.