This April has been an exciting month – Lent didn’t stop us from indulging in a few too many chocolate eggs and family brunches over the Easter break! With an eventful May ahead, packed with bank holidays, it’s time to reflect on the last month’s antics – think an abundance of salt beef, Mezcal cocktails and amazing reviews.
1. Islington’s new Salt Beef Bar & Canteen, Mercer & Co was featured in the Evening Standard as a key player in the ‘rolls with holes’ trend.
2. El Bandito, the recently opened Mexican pop-up bar ‘offering an impressive cocktail menu’, was included in Metro’s 'Cocktails of the Day' piece.
3. City Jet’s ‘Three of a kind’ Summer Festival guide featured Feria de Londres, for a ‘colourful celebration of Andalusian culture’.
4. Parisian-inspired The Black Cat Cabaret made it into London Visitor Magazine’s main feature: ‘Cool Things To Do In May’.
5. Getting a ‘first look’ at the newly relaunched music venue – Time Out were impressed by the ‘Garage’s dramatic new look’ and ‘top-notch sound systems.’
6. Live at Zédel’s new and diverse summer season of entertainment was featured in BA Highlife’s ‘24 Hours in London’.
7. The Guardian Weekend’s wonderful review of Lorne noted its ‘splendid wine list’ and ‘seriously memorable black pudding’.
8. The Sunday Times gave Lorne a four star review and mentions its ‘lovely staff’ and ‘fantastically well priced quality food and wines.
9. Making it onto Grace Dent’s “2017 ‘Best Of’ list”, ES Magazine described Lorne as ‘completely outstanding’.
10. THATMuse received a special mention from Tatler and thinks the treasure hunts are ‘hands down the most fun you’ll ever have in a museum’.
11. Soon to open pub, The Clifton, was featured on Hot Dinners. With a mouth-watering menu this St John’s Wood’s local is set to become a firm favourite with residents and visitors alike.