Although we’re still only a few months in to the New Year, it’s looking like 2017 is set to be one of the busiest and most exciting yet. The shortest month of the year has already come to an end and despite February’s limited days, this month was jam packed with an array of exciting new openings, delicious menu launches and unique events.
1. The soon to open Number 177 Bar & Kitchen was praised for bringing a slice of Berlin to Hoxton by Hot Dinners, who featured the opening on their Gastroblog.
2. Time Out reviewed the ‘lively yet dark and seductive’ Ray’s Bar for their Bar of the Week feature and awarded it a whopping 4 stars, whilst also putting the spotlight on Vintage Velvet for its ‘unique flavour’.
3. Vogue included The Savoy’s stunning Beaufort Bar in their round up of ‘Best Cocktail Bars in London’, noting that if you’re on the search for ‘glitz and glamour’ – this is the place to go.
4. BA Highlife describes London as ‘still the greatest city in the world’ with Borderline reopening and The Garage being brought back to life.
5. Ryan Molloy’s great portrayal of Frankie Valli in musical ‘Jersey Boys’ and performance at Live at Zédel saw him interviewed in the Sunday Times’ Fame and Fortune.
6. The Resident included French Fest, taking place at Live at Zédel, in their ‘Finest Events And New Launches’ feature.
7. Scotland on Sunday described the taste of R&B’s single malt While We Wait as a ‘fruity aroma well to the fore’ in their ‘What’s Ahead This Week’.
8. Bobby Fitzpatrick is the best spot for ‘cool cats to hang out’ according to Stella from ‘Stella loves’ page in The Telegraph.
9. Fu Machu’s exciting Meatz and Beatz party was covered in Time Out’s best picks for the weekend.
10. Available at The Beaufort Bar, the Classic Martinez cocktail was recommended in The Sunday Times for when you ‘need a cocktail as balanced and confident as you want your date to think you are’.
11. The opening of Lorne Restaurant was covered in Metro’s section on the hottest news from London’s restaurant scene.